Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's starting to get that look!

I started out just making a pattern for me from the original pattern that was several sizes smaller.  Some where along the line I just started making "the real thing".  Actually it happened that way because I just happened to have some fabric in my stash that I wouldn't mind giving up if it all didn't work.  So I am now into the outer layers!

The outer "fashion fabric" layers are easier than the "foundation" bodice because it isn't as "fitted" as the foundation.  So I now have on the outer back, front and the lace yoke in the front and back.  I love it when it is all going together and (knock on wood, as they say) I haven't blown it to this point. 

FRONT
BACK
Next are the sleeves, I'll have to make a muslin pattern here for sure to make sure it is right.

Just remembered, I better do the boning now while I can still lift the outer part!  The instructions are from the original 1910 and sketchy is overstating  it.

1 comment: