Friday, January 25, 2013

A little faster pace!

I feel like I passed a major hurdle getting the sleeves set in.

Today I figured out the collar and attached it, hand sewed the hems in the sleeves.

Tomorrow I will start working on the trim.

I am contemplating what to do about the bodice waist hem.  The very short description on "Finishing" says to wear with fancy belt.  Well, that means I have to figure out how to make one and then do it.  It still leaves what am I going to do about the bottom of the bodice.  If I leave it so it can be worn on top of the skirt (which is what it would be if I do the belt thing then the question is:  How did you raise your arms at all without the blouse pulling up?  Maybe they didn't do such unlady-like  things as raising your arms?

Anyhow, I think I will be making a belt.  That will be a challenge in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment