Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Redoing the sleeves, again....and again

I started out working on adding the lace over the lower part of the sleeves.  Since I am making this out of my stash I had to figure out how I was going to be able to have enough lace to cut out these pieces.

The lace on I decided I really needed to own up to the fact the sleeves were just not fitting right in the arm hole.  The actual arm hole was just too small and the top of the sleeve lining was too small and the puff sleeve was just not setting right.  I had stewed over how I was going to fix it all since I am now pushing the limits on what material I have left.  This started out to be my mockup but somehow it is turning out that it may turn out to be my blouse.....!! 


I ended up putting in a gusset in the top of the sleeve lining and that worked for giving more room for the arm.  I cut the arm holes bigger which really helped.  And after many pinnings, and unpinnings I decided I needed to add a piece to the puff sleeve.  With all the other alterations it just needed more room around the arm at the cuff.  I managed to stick in a section of the sleeve under the arm hole so hopefully it won't really show.  Anyhow it is all pinned and ready to sew tomorrow.  I hope it still looks right tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment