Friday, January 11, 2013

Challenge #2 - Decision Made!

I have a couple of things I plan on doing for Challenge #2 "UFO - Finish something that's never quite gotten down.  I will be finishing my corset project. 



 
The Edwardian corset is now done except for the pads.

I am going to have to get the dress form out of the attic to display this project!

There are "rear" pads that go under the corset to push out the back of the corset and pull in the tummy and there there are the "bust" pads that go into the top front of the corset to fill out the top the the "S" curve of the Edwardian shape.  I haven't quite gotten myself make those pads.





2 comments:

  1. Corsets must be a pain to make cause they sell them on Etsy.com for over $400

    ReplyDelete
  2. They take time but if you not in a hurry they are not hard to make. Mainly you have to have the busk (the boning that has the hook set up for the front closure, and the boning that keeps the shape when it is on you. Boning used to be whale bone or wood but is now steal pieces sold different lengths.

    ReplyDelete