Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Little Garden Time

Those weeds out there are growing like crazy.  I am going to have to take some pictures to show you.  I tried to work on the patio area and it was just too wet still.....and then we had more rain this afternoon so it will just have to start drying out again.

I did get to the baby tears area.  It was dry enough to work and pull some weeds.  The chickens loved the weedy snack.  I got about 1/4 of it done.  A lot of the volunteer Chinese Foxgloves are in great shape and will be really pretty.

I need to find a spot to put the Japanese Maple my sister, Coletta gave me.  I love it and it is dormant now so I'd better get on the ball and dig a hole before it warms up.  There is so much work out there!
I am really planning to make the side flowerbed a succulant area.  Although I need to make sure they can live through frost.  We seem to have some harder frost than we've had before and hate, and don't, cover plants.

I actually worked on part of Challenge 3 today and I haven't completely decided on what to do for Challenge 2 yet.......need to decide by Jan 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment