Thursday, August 1, 2013

Something fixed....I hope!

Today I am off taking Aunt Edna for her annual checkup but I did want to show you something that may be fixed!

Several years ago I bought a NordicTrack treadmill with an IFit option.  You sign up for IFit, buy a module, plug it into the treadmill and you get a googlemap or create one that shows the street view as you walk.  I had lots of fun walking in all parts of the world..........then Ifit decided to do an "upgrade" to their program.  So since Thanksgiving of 2012, the whole program was messed up.  People were griping on the IFit facebook page, web page, Amazon and where ever else they could.  And when the annual membership time came around people were not signing up. 

Last week I got a call from Ifit....all problems have been worked out and membership will be a bargain to get us to sign up again.  So, I did sign up.  And, so far, so good.

This is todays walk, Alcapulco! 

And these are some of the walks I did before they did the lousy "upgrade".

The Boboli Gardens
 Under the Eiffel tower in Paris.


White Sands, New Mexico

Back when...when I first bought the treadmill I actually did enter a competition, (my one and only competition) a run around the Vatican.  You have several days to do the run after the actual run was held, then they put you up on a list of those competing on IFit and where you came in compared to everyone else.  I actually completed the run (which wasn't all that long) and I came in last...which was ok since I was the oldest that ran.  Several days later I saw that someone much younger than me came in after me, which made me feel pretty darn good!

This was the Vatican race (shows where the top 3 runners are during the race).





















Runners about to finish the Vatican race (outside of St. Peter's Square).



No comments:

Post a Comment