Friday, August 9, 2013

Winter Project!


OK, I did it.  I found two fabrics that I really like.  I bought this one...


I got enough for an Edwardian dress plus and then, of course I had to get the lining.  Now I have to check and see what I have for trim.

Then, I have fallen in love with this taffeta, but at $20 a yard......I'm still working up the courage.

I'm trying to tell myself it would be great for a Christmas gown since there are no real "dress up" occasions at Ardenwood other than Christmas.   Should I or shouldn't I.  And such pressures...better not screw up on cutting that priced material!  And remember it has lining materials, boning, trims and all the rest of it.  It adds up.  I am going to have to think about it, but it is calling my name.  I think what I really like about it is the stripe thing, There are not many fabrics out there with stripes and so many are just plain boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment