Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Corset Cover - hooks and eyes

The corset cover:

All that needs to be done are the hooks and eyes....I hate them.

But tonight I finished most of them, I think I have 2 eyes to go and it is finished!

Tomorrow I have meetings and I need to hit JoAnn's Fabric..... I know, my next project is the Petticoat with Bustle. I have it all cut out and ready to go, but I need a mourning dress for our "Victorian Funeral Practices" at Ardenwood in October.  So I am going "black" shopping.  Should be interesting.


I am planning on finishing the petticoat first, but then I am going to tackle the "Black Dress".  Jen's Christmas Bustle Dress will be on hold for a bit.

In the meantime, I really am hoping for a rainy winter......It is very depressing to watch all my plants hurting for water.  Our whole town looks really slummy with all the brown lawns. At least they can't say we are not conserving.













vv

3 comments:

  1. I have my eye on that petticoat with bustle. Let me know how it turns out. I really could have used it with my bustle dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy to make and so lightweight you forget you have it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey Walker, So sorry, I think I accidentally deleted your 2nd Comment....Yes, I would really recommend this pattern. Be sure to buy the boning kit from Truly Victorian, well worth it!

    ReplyDelete