Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ah Ha! Guess what I am going to tackle!

Daughter #1 has said ok to attending the :

BARBECUE AT TWELVE OAKS

Saturday, April 18th, 2015

The Rengstorff House in Mountain View provides an elegant backdrop for a gracious 1860's style fully catered barbeque. Will you sit at a table, or in a crowd of men on the grass?
Ticket Price: $$



I have never attempted an 1860 era dress before so this ought to be fun.
Sitting in a bustle is easy, but I may have nightmares about sitting in a hoop skirt!!  Just how do you "sit at a table"?  How do you sit on a chair without your skirt shooting up to the ceiling????  Is there a tutorial that exists?

PS:
I found this tutorial so. . . .Ok, daughters!  No plopping or it will be like in the "King and I" !!!!!     So, watch this tutorial!     http://historicalsewing.com/how-to-sit-in-hoopskirt

No comments:

Post a Comment