Friday, January 16, 2015

Cathy's 1860s dress - Part 2

It took me a while to figure out how to do the cartridge pleats!  The pattern instructions just weren't doing it.  I did "sort of" do a 1890s puff sleeve with cartridge pleats, but now I know I didn't do them correctly.  This morning I found help:

I have found help at Jennifer's site other times too and have taken one of her online hat classes.  She certainly helped me with the cartridge pleats this time.

It took a bit of time to evenly space the pleats before tacking each one.

But, after figuring out what I was supposed to do, I ended up with the finished waistband.  I still have the second row of basting in the skirt.  And I still have the placket and closing to finish.

And then I put together a mock-up for the bodice, now I need Cathy for a fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment