Saturday, June 22, 2013

Archiving Cups and Saucers


My Aunt Edna had been given pieces of china through the years as gifts.  A lot of the cups and saucers were given to her by her relatives when she would go to Canada to visit them.  I'm sure they weren't given as something valuable, but sentimental of her visits.  Some of the cups were her mom's that her mom had recieved as gifts.  When we closed up my Aunt's household she gave me a lot of the pieces.

I love them all and I use them every so often for my morning tea.  It's a big deal for me to choose which one I will use that day!

So I am going to record them here.  I know my eldest daughter will get a kick out of trying to find out about the pieces.

The first three:




















This blue one is one of my favorites,......what am I saying!  They are all my favorites, but this one has daisies and my grandmother's name was Daisy.  I think someone had given this one to my grandmother.




This pink one I use often too.  I love the flowers inside the cup, as well as on the saucer.   The little finger does go up when using this one!

 





This little tiny one is very thin and delicate and lightweight.  There are no marks anywhere.  The yellow in the picture is actually gold.

 
It is so thin it feels like you are holding an eggshell and you can see light through it.

I hate to even speculate on the history of this one.  It is hand painted for sure.  It really intrigues me.

No comments:

Post a Comment