Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hat Update




I worked some on the hats yesterday.  Here is the update:

Hat #1
The crown is just pinned on here.

See, its just pinned. 



















This is the hat that is being used on the hat class.  I just wasn't inspired by the style but it is turning out, so far, pretty good.  I used a striped cotton muslin, it laid really nice and I like the stripes.

Hat #2:
I am not thrilled with how the brim top turned out.

The underside of the brim looks ok.
 The glue puckered up the fabric on the brim topside.  I planned it as a mock up so it doesn't really matter if it doesn't turn out.  I think if I was to do it again I would not make the brim curve up at such a quick angle.  And I would probably make the crown shallower. 

Well, I plan to go the next steps and then decorate them and see it I can pull it off.  The next step on hat #1 is to attach the crown to the brim.  I am going to follow the class script so will be working on it until Thursday when Lesson 4 is posted.   On Hat #2, I need to put a hat band on the outside bottom of the crown to cover the stitching, then start working on the inside of the crown.



No comments:

Post a Comment