Sunday, May 5, 2013

Jen's Backyard!

Lets go walk in the garden!



The grape arbor













 See all the rocks!  There is a great story about them.  Lets just say they are "not indigenous to the area".  They look so neat as a stream bed.
















 My daughter believes in "live and let live".  Carrying it to snails is a bit far for me when I see them eating my new plants!

And of course, she always puts a bit of her whimsy on her garden treasures.  You decorate your snails too, I'm sure.








And then there are the egrets.  The story goes.....the egrets kept flying in and having goldfish breakfast in the pond.  Ok, Jen figures fight egrets with egrets.

















 Since she has put her egrets around the pond the other egrets haven't shown up for breakfast.













A little surprise in the grasses
 Succulents!  My latest passion.  I am loving them for a reason though, actually two reasons.  1.   Sow water use,   2.  Weed supression.  We have a fairly large yard and I am thinking ahead of how difficult it is as the years go by and arthritis gets worse.

Lucky for me succulents are IN!  We bought quite a few of them when we make our little pilgrimage to Annies Annuals.  These are a few of Jen's:
















 I just love the one on the left with large flat leaves with burgundy on the edges.

Don't you just love these containers!










 And then there is a sea serpent

and this little rose hiding in the corner.

 And this is only the first half of the back yard.  Tomorrow will be the 2nd half.

As far as the sewing goes....I tried figuring out how much I had to enlarge the pattern and cut out a mockup but it is way to big so trying to do a smaller version today.

Oh, I did want to add this picture the the veggies I roasted last night, they were so pretty.

And they were yummy too!

Yesterday it was probably about in the low 90s.  Last night the wind came up and blew gales!  And the morning, there were clouds!




 I know that back east this is no big unusual deal, but here it is.  It is probably about 52 degrees or so.








 The clouds came closer and now, they are overhead!

Aren't they beautiful!














No comments:

Post a Comment