Friday, May 31, 2013

Another Hat Update - Shirring

This is hat #2 that I am experimenting with.  When I glued the fabric down on the brim top, I had put too much glue on and the fabric puckered and changed color in several spots.  I contemplated just covering that fabric with another layer.  I think the puckering would have shown through though.  I ended up deciding to try a bit of "shirring" instead. 

Shirring is created by gathering in rows by stitching on the back side of the fabric.

It certainly does cover up the top of the brim.

Now it is begging to be decorated to take your eye off the shirring!

1 comment: