Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thinking of Oklahoma

Like everyone, I was so sorry to hear of the destruction in Oklahoma.  I was glad Joplin, Mo. didn't get hit again.  We have a relative that worked at the hospital at Joplin last year when the tornado hit there.  He was one of the brave people that was helping rescue people.  He saw so much trauma and it left him with nightmares and memories he can not erase.  He was lucky because his family and home were unscathed but he took on others pain.


So I know we all want to help out in what every way we can.  Usually we are a distance away so we give money to help the situation.  And of course, after these disasters there are all the flim flam people that set up bogus charity collection sites.  So, I thought I would add a link to a great way to check charities for these situations and just charities in general.  Charity Navigator checks out charities through out the country and rates them.  One of our sons is the executive director of a charity and and that is how I found out about this site.  I have used the site to check on an outfit that collects furniture and clothing and found very little of their proceeds goes to any charity work.  So for what it's worth, the link is in the upper right hand side of this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment