Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Back to Archiving Family Things

I am now done with my challenge #7 Accessorize:  The Hat.  This challenge is due April 9.  I rushed to get it done since  Ardenwood season 2013 starts April 4th as I will be out of town for 3 days at an art workshop. 

I just found out today that over the winter the inside and outside of the whole Patterson House has been repainted, new electricity put in (Yay, heaters in the winter!) the wood and painted floors redone. the foundation strengthened and fixed where needed. and it all looks so beautiful.  I can't wait!!

The baby lambs are growing and playing and all the animals are frisky for the new season to start!
Well, my first tours will be April 12, station tours which means LOTS of school kids!  It is hectic but it has to be because so many classes want tours....4th grade, in particular,  studies California history.

Well, I decided to add some more family mementos, a good way to archive them for the kids.  We don't have anything really spectacular but lots of memories behind them. 

This is another kitchen tool.  I don't really know what it is called but it is a great tool for cutting in butter, lard (does anyone still use lard?) into a dry mix of ingredients.  Notice that green again.... I think it dates to the 1930s.  This was Grandma Chicoine's and she could really use this tool quickly.  She was quite a sight in the kitchen, best known for fried chicken, all kind of rolls (especially cinnamon rolls) chicken soup with homemade noodles.

2 comments:

  1. That is called a Pastry Cutter. I have one but rarely use it. I'm not a baker :)

    That's cool about Ardenwood fixing everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great for cutting in the ingredients for your wonderful cornbread.

    ReplyDelete