Tuesday, April 9, 2013

School Awards

When my grandmother went to school it was common for the teacher to give out award for exceptional work.  I don't think they do as nice awards as in that time.  The certificates were really beautiful and special... I don't have photos of them right now but I will pull them out and post them.  Now days when they get certificates it is just a simple thing and doesn't look special at all.  

My Grandmother Daisy earned lots of awards from her teachers.  This is a photo of a mother-of-pearl ink pen she received.  The nib shown doesn't fit her pen and someday I should look one up on the internet and get it.  This was very special to her.  It has such a beautiful neck on it.
 

 This a an ink well I found years ago at a garage sale in Pennsylvania.


The penmanship in those days was so beautiful and they took pride in their writing.....now, some schools aren't even teaching cursive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment