Thursday, April 18, 2013

Exercise & Fashion

A friend and I have joined an exercise class.  She has belonged to a gym before but I never have.  I am always a little slow on the fashion up-take.....guess that is why I like fashion from over a hundred yrs ago.  So, I notice my big ol' New Balance walking shoes are just "not with it".  The young little things have gray or black little shoes that look a lot lighter in weight.  You think that might help me with some of those fast paced exercise steps?!  Well, I'm just going to have to look into getting me a pair.

And then there are the outfits.  Skinny little spandex things!  They are not going to want to see that on me!  So I am going to stick with my regular sweatpants, maybe future ones will be tighter down by the ankles so when I have my feet in the air my pant legs won't fall down and show my socks......oh, wait, they aren't wearing sock with those cute lightweight shoes.  Wow, change can be hard.  I must be getting old.

And the tops, I just wear T-shirts, but they have kind of spandex going on there too.  I have to make sure my t-shirt is long enough so it doesn't ride up when my hands are in the air....don't want those stretch marks showing!

A BIT OFF THE SUBJECT!
Last night I wore my "White Sands Monument" t-shirt that brought up memories of last summer's trip across the United States.

White sand all the way across the valley.
White Sands in New Mexico was quite impressive and that night we camped on a rise over looking the White Sands desert. 



 Just after we set up camp my Emergency Weather Warning radio set off beeping!  A huge sand storm was coming up the valley of White Sands right toward us!  It was huge and it set off a whole set of adventures! 





And after hunkering down in the restroom,  all was well in the end!








Wow, all those memories from a T-shirt!  You aren't going to get those kind of memories from me in spandex!

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny. I guess I'm old too cause I have big new balance shoes too. Stretchy pants I do have and work out bra a must.

    Speaking of working out - today is going to be crazy busy. I have to sort thru the dogs meat, and get some planting in. Plus I want to get in a work out before it gets too hot in the sun room.

    Nice pics

    ReplyDelete