Monday, April 15, 2013

Planting 2013 - part 2

Yesterday morning I went out nice and early to move rocks, pull weeds and plant some of my new plants.
I came to the conclusion I really do like the succulent garden.  Next year I plan on moving several of the plants that are in the side flower bed to a new area that will have more available water and be more compatible with other of their neighbors.

I have 3 rose bushes, a lilac and a mallow.  I think I will leave the mallow and move the others when they are dormant.

Isis and I were weeding the path and TiTi had finally gotten done laying her egg and joined us.  Isis decided to check out having a dust bath now that TiTi had come out.  They have to be together when they are both out.  So Isis starts trying to find a way through the fencing that I had just put up.  I figured chickens were to dumb to really find a hole and would give up.....NO!!  She just squeezed through and was happy as a lark, and then, of course, TiTi had to follow the leader and do the same.  Well, we played chicken for a while, I would get Isis out and chase TiTi, putting her out, by that time Isis went back in and then TiTi wanted to be where Isis was and she went in.  We played that game about 4 more times before I took Isis all the way across the yard then ran back to get TiTi and took her over there too...so they have been happy over there for a while now.  Dear Hubby was having a belly laugh at all that.  Looks like I am going to have to reinforce the fencing....who would think it.

I ended up putting the girls on restriction until I can do something about keeping them out of that area.  I think the simplest idea is add some netting to the fencing and stapling it together to hold it on.  I have yards of netting from a wedding years ago so I am set.

Here you can see the rocks I moved in and some of the new plants settled in.  Also, you can see the fencing in the background and all the weeds left on the right hand side.  That mass in the center front are bush lady bells.  I love them but will have to water them more this year since they will be with all the succulents.  I will move them this fall.

I have these yet to plant this morning (for the succulent area, there are plenty more babies to plant elsewhere!).  It looks so dreary out and is not inviting to get out there, but I will!











 
 I just had to take a picture of the California poppies.  I hope they are still blooming when I get over to them to weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment