Friday, April 19, 2013

Warm and Cool

It is finally getting warm again....hopefully we will have moderation and not have toooo much of the warm!  And I still have these plants to plant.

 This one was dehydrated from the wind and looked like it was dead for sure.  I put it in water and it came back to life!


But it looks like I will need to take a fan out with me when I head for Ardenwood this weekend.  (By the way, Sunday is sheep shearing day!)  I have 2 fans I use.

The one below I bought years ago at a Pennsylvania flea market.  The fabric is like a polished cotton.  It folds into the metal handles.  The handles are held closed or open with a little metal hook.  I have not had to do any repair to it.



This one I found in an antique store.  The fabric is silk and had some damage along the folds.  I added a sheer black material on front and back over the original fabric, then painted the design on the new front copying the original painting.
It has really pretty carving on the woods.  And the ribbon is original.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment