Friday, April 12, 2013

In the button jar....

This is another interesting item in Grandma Daisy's button jar...

Interesting, huh.





























What is it for?  The pin that pushes into the end thingie is pretty thick so I thought it might have been a piece of decoration for a hat.  Pushing it through fabric would leave quite a hole.

On another topic...
If my garden had beautiful snails like this one I would raise them like flowers!
 Unfortunately, my snails are not as beautiful as the one above and worse still.....my chickens don't DO snails.  Excuse me!  What is your job here anyway!!!
 Isis says, "What?  You think I am a SNAIL eater? they are yuckie!  TiTi agrees completely with her. 
 They are having this conversation with me while I am weeding and they are scratching.....notice, they can't get much closer to where I am working.  They have to be right where the action is.  Oh, and by the way...they LOVE worms.  Hey! Aren't worms yuckie too?!

4 comments:

  1. Cathy's Chickens LOVE snails, save them up and bring them to her kids.

    Tell Isis and TiTi that they can not have the worms!

    That pin looks like a cuff link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told them NO on the worms.
    The pin is way to big for a cuff link. That is why I added the penny to compare the size/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe as decoration on the top button of a blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did think about that or maybe a closure for a jacket.

    ReplyDelete