Saturday, April 6, 2013

I'm Back!

I'm back from the plein air workshop, tired but so much information crammed in my head it is going to take a while to assimilate it all.  Our teacher was Bryan Mark Taylor.  He gave the best workshop I've been to so far, which numbers about 8 or so.  He gives great demos and explains what he is thinking as he is painting.  He makes it look so easy but for us trying new ways of doing things it was very trying.  But, considering it was a learning process, we all came away with a lot learned and paintings that may need a bit more work but nice anyway. 

Our heads had a lot to contain and it was very tiring concentrating for so long.  I was mixing colors in my sleep the first night.  On the way home we are seeing the world with refreshed color sense.

We spent Thursday and Friday in San Francisco, Watching demos and painting at the Palace of Fine Arts and the Marina.  A bit of sprinkles, clouds and sun through out that time.  Today, Saturday, we met up at the Vianza Winery, watched a demo, had lunch and painted.

And we had lots of fun.  Three friends having sleep overs and fun painting 3 days in a row.  We stayed at the Youth Hostel in San Francisco in a room with a bunk bed consisting of a double bed on bottom and twin on top.  What a giggling time we had.  I certainly would recommend the hostel.  It was clean and efficient, quiet (we did hear the fog horn, bit it didn't bother us), there is a free breakfast of 1 piece of fruit, 1bagel or 2 waffles, coffee and orange juice and you can buy several other items that are premade.

If I can get some good pics of my paintings I will post them here tomorrow afternoon, just for fun.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back cause you are just terrible about turning your cell on.

    Can't wait to see pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my cell phone on, it was in my art cart, couldn't hear it! SF was wonderful and we had fun and frustration with cityscapes! I slept in but am still tired!

    ReplyDelete