Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hat Class!

About 20 years ago Ardenwood sponsored a hat making class for docents in the Patterson House.  It was a 2 day class and I learned a lot.  I have tried my hand at making several hats since then.  But, there is always a lot more to learn.  So, with that in mind, I signed up for an online hat class put on by


Jennifer has a series of several kinds of classes.  This is the first one I will have taken.  She puts out newsletters on historical sewing projects and problem solving.

I have worn my latest hat 2 times so far and am liking it more and more.  I do find I need to find another nice strong, sharp hat pin.  Strong because the wimpy stemmed ones just bend as you try to get them through 2 layers of buckram. 

So now I have to go shopping for my new hat!  What should I make?  It has to be 1889 -1912 period.

Maybe something in brown to go with my new brown skirt?  That would be 1903-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment