Thursday, April 4, 2013

Before Kleenex

Today I am off to San Francisco on a rainy morning to attend a Plein Aire Workshop.  I did want to continue with a bit of the family history items though.....So, today, handkerchiefs.  Every lady had to have one at all times pre-Kleenex.  They were often given as gifts and keep as little memories.  Grandma Eberly had kept these:
 
This one has a butterfly motif.
It is hard to see but the design is all cut-work.
This one also has cutwork.


This one is lace and cutwork.

And this one is embroidery and lace.


All of these are hand done and I know the newest one (the embroidered one) is over 60 years old.

2 comments:

  1. Too pretty to blow your nose on them.

    What time do you leave? Will you bring your cell? Will I be able to call you on my way to work :)

    ReplyDelete