Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Purples are leaving, Yellows are coming

I am trying to document when certain plants are blooming in my back yard so I can add new plants to complement the old.  I never remember just when plants are blooming and for how long.  I have noticed the colors seem to rotate, totally unplanned on my part.  It starts with the purples and is now moving on to the yellows and a bit of orange.

See, the beautiful wysteria is almost finished booming and the clematis is starting though so their bit of purple is still with us in the arbor.


 And the Iris  is still at it also at it.



And the yellows are coming in,
Henry Fonda Rose smells good!

California Poppies, our state flower.

This poor vine was frozen to the ground this winter, but its coming back!

You can tell I haven't weeded here yet!
 And there is a bit of orange showing:
Poppie variations



























And this is the first time this plant has bloomed,  a tiny bit of lavender with creamy white.
 Those chickens better take care of those snails whether they like escargot or not!

Then there is the succulent garden I just planted.  So far so good, everything is healthy.  The netting on the little fences is working, the chickens haven't decided to jump the fence.  I plan to take the fencing down when the succulents are established enough they won't get kicked out of the ground by chickens scratching. 

 Now to more weeding.......















No comments:

Post a Comment